January 7, 2011

Liars

I am at this store and in line in front of me is a family; son, mom and dad. The kid looks very young. The father and son were at the register checking out and the mom was a few feet behind.

The family was Hispanic and speaking Spanish, but the son was speaking simple enough Spanish that I understood clearly what he was saying. The son asked the dad for a toy or whatever was in his hand, and the dad replied something to the effect of "Ask your mother."

So with the father not looking the son goes over to the mother and stands next to her for a few seconds, saying nothing, then comes back to the father telling him that the mother said he could have the toy.

I immediately said to the dad, "hey, he did not actually ask her he just stood there."
The dad thanked me and did not buy the toy.
Out of curiosity I asked "how old is he?" to which he replied "four."

No comments:

Post a Comment